in the wilderness
The Young Explorers climbing groups offer ambitious sport climbing in various forms including via ferratas, cave trekking, and more. Over a longer period of time, climbing and nature afficionados can explore different topics with individual coaching. Newcomers are matched to small groups following an introductory program.
- handpicked team of 4 students
- 1 half-day + 4 full-day trips per school term
- comfortable transfer to and from destination
- backpack lunch
- valuable content und ambitious training
- playful and humorous, age-appropriate fostering of knowledge
- individual stimulation and supervision thanks to small group size
- local weather report and clothing recommendation before every meeting
- Discounts on many other programs
- rock climbing with various belaying methods
- via ferratas
- rappelling (abseiling)
- exercises for progressing across difficult terrain
- caving / spelunking*
- mountain hiking (including snowshoeing)*
- wet and dry canyoning*
*) Limited to multi-term members.
Cost per student
€ 360 / semester
5 events in Lower Austria
incl. transfer und lunch
A half-day climbing event takes place before the start of each semester. After that, the group members explore long-term projects among themselves.
This half-day taster costs € 48 including transfer. Any rental gear, if needed, is charged separately.
Students with own climbing gear (climbing helmet, climbing harness, via ferrata set) can bring this along to the first meeting. We will make sure the EU certificates are up to date, and inspect any damage. If everything is in order, the equipment may be used.
We are happy to advise on purchasing new equipment.
Rental equipment can be ordered in advance at € 20 per event.
“Squirrels” ONE FREE SPACE
for students aged 6 to 8
“Raccoons” GROUP FULL
for students aged 7 to 9
“Cliffhangers” GROUP FULL
for students aged 10 to 13